Happy Heart Preschool and Kindergarten, LLC is a private school licensed by the PA Department of Education, Private Academic Services. Happy Heart Preschool and Kindergarten, LLC equally admits all students and equally acts in the administration of rights, programs, privileges and activities made available to all students, as well as in the administration of educational or other policies.
Linda Cuesta, Director
PA Nursery /Kindergarten
West Chester University
"A nurturing and safe environment for your child's first structured learning experiences"
1445 E Main Street
Douglassville, PA 19518
A Kindergarten Readiness Program is being offered at Happy Heart Early Learning Center beginning in September 2012. This program will provide a unique course of instruction specifically designed to meet the state standards for kindergarten preparation, as well as the needs of those children who:
- by age, may not qualify to attend kindergarten, but who may have already successfully completed a pre-kindergarten program of instruction and who require a more challenging, age-appropriate, kindergarten-based curriculum.
- by age, may qualify to attend kindergarten (birthdates up to and including 11/15/12) , but who may require extra time to further prepare cognitively and/or socially/emotionally to attend kindergarten.
- who will be attending a PM kindergarten program and need an AM enrichment program.
The emphasis of this program is to provide these children with a curriculum that will meet their more-advanced needs and to encourage and foster better-prepared, well-adjusted, independent and eager-to-learn kindergarten students.
Classes will be held on Monday through Friday from 8:30-11:30 am.
For the enrichment of current PM kindergarten students, from 8:30-11:30, Happy Heart offers:
- MWF Kindergarten Readiness Program that incorporates the Language Arts curriculum from 9:15-9:45 and the Science discussion / art project from 10:00-10:45
- T Th Kindergarten Readiness Program that incorporates the Mathematics Workshop from 9:15-9:45 and the Social Studies discussion / art project from 10:00-10:45.
These kindergarten children would be included as members of the Kindergarten Readiness Class, attending on a modified basis.
MWF Kindergarten Language Arts Enrichment $ 165 / month
T, Th Kindergarten Mathematics Enrichment $ 110 / month
M-F Kindergarten Readiness $ 225 / month
The class day will follow the below schedule:
8:20 Arrival / Independent Play 8:20 Arrival / Independent Play
8:45 - 9:15 Circle Time 8:45-9:15 Circle Time
9:15–9:45 Language Arts Workshop 9:15-9:45 Mathematics Workshop
9:45 – 10:00 Snack Time 9:45-10:00 Snack Time
10:00-10:45 Science Discussion/ 10:00-10:45 Social Studies Discussion/
Art Project Art Project
10:45-11:00 Story / Song Time 10:45-11:00 Story / Song Time
11:00-11:25 Special Activity*, Group Activity or Outdoor Play
11:30 Dismissal 11:30 Dismissal
* Special Activity includes Music Time, Movement Time, Library Time or other activity, as scheduled.
The length of the Kindergarten Readiness class day may be extended to 1:00, if desired, by joining the activities of the other Happy Heart class that is in session until 1:00 on the selected days.
11:30-12:00 Lunch Time
12:00-12:30 Indoor Play/Project Time
12:30-12:45 Group Activity
12:45-1:00 Prepare for Dismissal
Extended Day Monthly Cost:
$ 25 / extended day charge added to schedule (each class day selected, M-F)
$100 / month for extended day M-F, inclusive
Happy Heart ELC is licensed by the PA Dept. of Education, Private Academic Services, to offer nursery and kindergarten classes. Curriculum outlines for each program offered at Happy Heart ELC are annually submitted and approved for licensure.
It is advised that all interested families schedule a visit to the school to observe a MWF Pre-kindergarten class in order to mutually confirm proper placement in the Kindergarten Readiness Program prior to submitting the Registration Form. The $30 non-refundable Registration Fee along with the completed Registration Form will reserve your child’s place in the program for the fall.
Questions can be directed to Linda Cuesta: 610-385-3733